Beginning January 1, 2023, a building permit will be $150 and a driveway permit will be $50.
CHANGE IN DUMP DATES
Because of the holiday seaon, the dump/recycling site will be closed on Saturday, December 24 and 31. The site will be open on Wednesday, December 21 and 28 at the normal hours of 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Again in December 2022 and January 2023, I will not be accepting tax payments in person. ALL payments must be by check or money order and mailed to Town of Flambeau, Vicki Richardson, W8392 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, WI 54848. DO NOT send cash or bring to my home. A receipt will be sent.
You may also license your dog by mail. Send proof of rabies vaccination along with a separate check. Your proof will be returned to you with the dog tag. If your pet is spayed or neutered, the cost is $7.50; if not, the cost is $13.50.
ALL checks or money orders should be payable to the TOWN OF FLAMBEAU.
If you have any questions, you may contact me at 715-532-5738. Thank you.
Vicki Richardson, Town Treasurer
Public Budget Hearing
Notice of Public Budget Hearing for
Town of Flambeau, Rusk County
Notice is hereby given that on Tuesday, November 10, 2020, at 6:00 pm at the Flambeau
Town Hall located at W8493 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, Wisconsin, a PUBLIC HEARING
on the PROPOSED 2021 BUDGET for the Town of Flambeau in Rusk County will be held. The
proposed budget in detail is available for inspection at the town clerk’s office by
appointment. Call 715-415-7109 to arrange an appointment. The regular town meeting will
Linda Flohr, Clerk
Posted at Town Hall, Town of Flambeau Website, EastMart
Board of Review
Notice of the Board of Review
For the Town of Flambeau
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Flambeau, Rusk County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on May 11th, 2020, from 4PM to 6PM, at the Town of Flambeau town hall.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view the property.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. Stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Flambeau has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35(1) Wis. stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
8. No person may appear before the board of review to testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s. 70.47 (3)(a), Wis. Stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 27th day of April, 2020.
Linda Flohr, Clerk
The clerk and assessor will hold Open Book on May 2nd, 2020, from 12PM-2PM at the Town of Flambeau Town Hall, at which time the Assessment roll will be available for review. Forms to file objections can be obtained by contacting the deputy clerk at 715-415-7109.
Notice of Open Book
Special Town Meeting
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, immediately following the completion of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2020 budget which begins at 6:00 pm at the Town of Flambeau Town Hall, located at W8493 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, Wisconsin, a special town meeting of the electors will be held to adopt the 2019 town tax levy to be paid in 2020.
Public Budget Hearing
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 6:00 pm at the Town of Flambeau Town Hall, located at W8493 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, Wisconsin, a public hearing on the proposed 2020 budget of the Town of Flambeau, Rusk County, will be held.
Board of Review
The Board of Review for the Town of Flambeau will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Town of Flambeau Town Hall located at W8493 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, Wisconsin.
The Open Book meeting for the Town of Flambeau will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Town of Flambeau Town Hall located at W8493 East Parkview Road, Ladysmith, Wisconsin.